How Can A Pakistani Student Get Study Visa In Canada, Guide?
To study in Canada, you must first acquire a Canadian study permit, which also acts as a Canadian study visa for the period of your academic stay. If your degree or course only lasts 6 months or less, you don’t really require a Canadian study visa. However, it is a better idea to apply for permission before coming to Canada, or else if you chose to precede your education in some other course; you would have to leave Canada to apply for a study visa.
If you already have a Canadian student visa, you can extend it from within Canada if you want to extend your education. A student visa permits full-time students enrolled in an approved educational institution to work part-time on campuses. You might be eligible to get a job off-campus, as a co-op or internship as part of your degree, as a legal citizen of Canada, or after graduation.
Here is a complete guide provided by the professional Thesis writers in Islamabad for Pakistani students who want to travel to Canada for their higher education.
How to Apply for a Canadian Study Visa?
You can request a Canadian visa application online or via paper application, both of which are available on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Print applications generally take much longer, and it’s always a good idea to double-check the process timeframes in advance.
You will need to have a credit/debit card and the ability to generate printed versions of your accompanying papers to apply online (i.e., using either a scanner or camera device). The visa office in Pakistan will provide you precise instructions on the papers you have to present; this might vary based on where you are. If you want to support, you can seek it at your local visa application center (VAC).
Here is the process of getting a Canadian Study Visa:
- If you are still confused about where you’d like to study in Canada, you must decide before you can begin the student visa registration process. After getting accepted to a Canadian institution, you will receive an acceptance letter, which you will need for the permit application.
- The next step is to obtain a Canadian study permit application form, which may be obtained via the CIC website or by connecting with your local immigration department and the Canadian embassy or consulate in Pakistan.
- To obtain your online application, you must first answer some questions about yourself on the CIC website. These inquiries will decide if you are qualified to apply for a Canadian study visa online and what papers you will have to submit.
- If you are confirmed to be qualified, you will be given a personalized checklist code that is applicable for 60 days and will be required to submit your online application. Make a copy of the page that contains your code for reference purposes. The page will also offer an admission guide, an estimation of your tuition expenses, a list of documentation you must provide with your application, and instructions for the next stage.
- When you’re prepared to submit, set up a MyCIC account and input your personalized checklist code. After that, you will obtain your own document checklist to help you submit and email your papers to CIC. This will require the use of a printer or a scanner.
- You can upload your application to CIC after you have all of your papers and application form prepared and also have paid your charges. Some candidates may be required to attend an interview at their nearest immigration office.
- You must show that you have a valid passport that permits you to travel back to Pakistan once your course is completed. Two passport-sized photos with your name and date of birth inscribed on the backside are also necessary.
- The list of needed papers for a Canadian student visa does not involve verification of English language abilities. However, when a Pakistani student is applying, they are required by the Canadian institutions to provide confirmation of English language competency because Pakistan is not an English-speaking country.
How Long Will the Visa Process Take?
Pakistani residents are part of the Student Direct Stream, which allows their applications to process much faster as compared to other countries. This program is only applicable for a few countries that include Pakistan as well.
The fees for this program begin at $150 CAD, and the time required is approximately 20 calendar days.